FT4233HPQ - Hi-Speed Type-C quad channel USB 2.0 serial IC, dual Power Delivery ports
The FTDI FT4233HPQ Hi-Speed Type-C quad channel USB 2.0 serial IC fully supports the latest USB Type-C and Power Delivery (PD) standards enabling support for power negotiation with the ability to draw or supply current to a USB host device. This IC has one dual-role Power Delivery (PD) port which also carries the USB data communication enabling the FT4233HPQ to switch between the roles of drawing power from the host to power the peripheral or supplying power to charge the host computer. A second Power Delivery port (PD port 2) can be used to connect an external power source/charger. This can provide power to the peripheral board as well as charging the host via Power Delivery port 1.
FT4233HPQ Hi-Speed Type-C quad channel USB 2.0 serial IC features:
- Supports PD Specification 3.0.
- 2 x USB PD 3.0 Port Support. Port 1 supports Dual Role Swap Function while Port 2 supports sink mode with charging function through to Port 1.
- Options to use external MCU controlling PD policy through I2C interface.
- Up to 8 Configurable PD GPIO pins support.
- External MCU support through I2C bus.
- External EEPROM support for USB device configuration and PD profile.
- Dual channel USB to serial / parallel ports with a variety of configurations.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480Mbits/Second) and Full Speed (12Mbits/Second) compatible.
- Royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and D2XX drivers for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
This is a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480Mb/s) to UART IC. It has the capability of being configured in a variety of industry standard serial or parallel interfaces.
This fast quad channel bridge chip features 4 UARTs. Two of these have an option to independently configure an MPSSE engine allowing to operate as two UART/Bit-Bang ports plus two MPSSE engines used to emulate JTAG, SPI, I2C, Bit-bang or other synchronous serial modes. The I/O structure is 3.3V with built-in tolerance for 5V, allowing the designer maximum flexibility when interfacing with FPGAs. On-board voltage regulation provides 3.3V and 1.8V supplies from a 5V source, as well as a power-on-reset function.
USB Hi-Speed Type-C quad channel serial UART/JTAG/SPI/I2C with dual Power Delivery (PD) ports IC, QFN-76 (reels of 3000)FT4233HPQ-TRAY
USB Hi-Speed Type-C quad channel serial UART/JTAG/SPI/I2C with dual Power Delivery (PD) ports IC, QFN-76 (trays of 260)