AMC-232LAN22 - Ethernet to RS232 cable adapter
The AMC-232LAN22 from Alpha Micro Components is the second generation of our successful 'plug-and-play' Serial-to-Ethernet cable adapters that enable any device or machine with a serial port, to become network and Internet-enabled in an instant.
- Complete network connectivity solution
- Integrated 10/100Mbps Ethernet port and serial cable
- Complete device server application with full IP stack and Web server
- Serial data rate of up to 921.6Kbps
- 128/192/256-bit AES encryption
- Flexible power options including Power-over-Ethernet (AMC-POELAN42)
- Extended temperature range of -40°C to +85°C
The external NetPort II adapter features an integrated web server, allowing any device to which it is attached to be ‘contacted’ and monitored via a standard Internet browser. TCP/IP protocol stacks are embedded into the NetPort II, enabling it to operate within non-PC environments and the adapter features a Modem Emulation Mode, allowing it to behave like a modem but communicate over TCP/IP.
Based upon the award winning Lantronix XPort device, the NetPort II can be integrated into a system with minimal set-up. A configuration utility is provided which allows quick and easy customisation to suit any network or serial device. Virtual Comm Port drivers are provided to allow a NetPort II-connected device to communicate with existing software over TCP/IP (for Windows operating systems). Alternatively, ‘direct socket’ connection can be used.