FT4232H - Hi-Speed Quad USB 2.0 to UART IC
The FT4232H is a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480Mb/s) to UART IC. It has the capability of being configured in a variety of industry standard serial or parallel interfaces. It features 4 UART's. Two of these have an option to independently configure an MPSSE engine, this allows the FT4232H to operate as two UART/Bit-Bang ports plus two MPSSE engines used to emulate JTAG, SPI, I2C, Bit-bang or other synchronous serial modes.
- Single chip USB to quad serial ports with a variety of configurations.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbits/Second) and Full Speed (12Mbits/Second) compatible.
- Two Multi-Protocol Synchronous Serial Engine (MPSSE) on channel A and channel B, to simplify synchronous serial protocol (USB to JTAG, I2C, SPI or bit-bang) design.
- FTDI's royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.
- Highly integrated design includes +1.8V LDO regulator for VCORE, integrated POR function and on chip clock multiplier PLL (12MHz - 480MHz).
- Low operating and USB suspend current.
- Dedicated Windows DLL's available for USB to JTAG, USB to SPI, and USB to I2C applications.
USB 2.0 – quad UART interface IC, 64 pin LQFP (reels of 1000)FT4232HL-TRAY
USB 2.0 – quad UART interface IC, 64 pin LQFP (trays of 160)FT4232HQ-REEL
USB 2.0 – quad UART interface IC, 64 pin QFN (reels of 4000)FT4232HQ-TRAY
USB 2.0 – quad UART interface IC, 64 pin QFN (trays of 260)FT4232H-56Q-REEL
USB 2.0 – quad UART IC, 56 pin VQFN (trays of 260)FT4232H-56Q-TRAY
USB 2.0 – quad UART IC, 56 pin VQFN (trays of 260)