FT4222H - USB 2.0 to Quad I2C/SPI device controller IC
The FT4222H is a High/Full Speed USB 2.0-to-Quad SPI/I2C device controller in a compact 32-pin QFN package. The device requires an external crystal at 12MHz in order for the internal PLL to operate. It supports multi-voltage IO: 1.8/2.5 and 3.3V and provides 128 bytes one-time-programmable (OTP) memory space for storing vendor-specific information.
- Single chip USB 2.0 Hi-speed to SPI/I2C bridge with a variety of configurations.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- On-chip OTP memory for USB Vendor ID (VID), Product ID (PID), device serial number, product description string and various other vendor specific data
- Support configurable data width with single, dual, quad data width transfer mode in SPI master
- Support single bit data transfer with full-duplex transfer in SPI Slave register.
- Support up to 4 channels slave selection control pins in SPI master application
This device contains both SPI and I2C configurable interfaces. The SPI interface can be configured as master mode with single, dual and quad bits data width transfer, or slave mode with single bit data width transfer. The I2C interface can be configured in master or slave mode.
- Configurable I2C Master/Slave interface controller conforming to I2C v2.1 and v3.0 specification
- Configurable GPIO’s can be easily controlled by software applications via USB bus
- USB Battery Charger Detection. Allows for USB peripheral devices to detect the presence of a higher current power source to enable faster charging
- Device supplied pre-programmed with unique USB serial number
- USB Power Configurations; supports bus- powered, self-powered and bus-powered with power switching
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit
- USB 2.0 Low operating and suspend current; 68mA (active-typ) and 375µA (suspend-typ)