FT200XD - Full Speed USB 2.0 to I2C bridge IC
This USB 2.0 Full Speed IC (FT200XD) offers a compact bridge to I²C devices. The device is an I²C slave, capable of operating up to 3.4MBit/s, with low power consumption (8mA).
- Single chip USB to I²C interface.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- Fully integrated clock generation with no external crystal required plus optional clock output selection enabling a glue-less interface to external MCU or FPGA.
- 512 byte receive buffer and 512 byte transmit buffer utilising buffer smoothing technology to allow for high data throughput.
- USB Dedicated Charger Port (DCP) detection. May be used by mobile devices to detect the presence of a charger on the USB port for higher current / faster charging of batteries.
- Device supplied pre-programmed with unique USB serial number.
- Supports bus powered, self powered and high-power bus powered USB configurations.
- Integrated +3.3V level converter for USB I/O.
- Low operating current of 8mA (typical) and USB suspend current of 125uA (typical) current.
- Low USB bandwidth consumption.
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.