The FTDI TTL-232R-RPi is
designed for use with the Raspberry Pi miniaturised computer and
connects to the Tx/Rx of the Raspberry Pi ARM processor, enabling
viewing of detailed information from the Linux kernel.
The TTL-232R-RPi cable
incorporates FTDI's FT232RQ USB to Serial UART interface IC device
which handles all the USB signalling and protocols. By connecting
the debug cable to a PC and communicating with the RPi via a
terminal emulator on a PC, the user has access to more detailed
information from the Linux kernel during RPi start-up. This appears
on the Rx/TX lines of the UART. This also enables the user to login
and access the kernel itself from the PC.
- TTL-232R-RPi Debug cable provides a USB to TTL Serial interface
for Raspberry Pi computer.
- On board FT232RQ provides single chip USB to asynchronous
serial data transfer interface.
- Entire USB protocol handled by the electronics in the cable
- Connect directly to a microcontroller UART or I/O pins.
- UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits
and odd / even / mark / space / no parity.
- Fully assisted or X-On / X-Off software handshaking.
- Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud at TTL
- Internal EEPROM with user writeable area.
- 5V safe TTL inputs make the TTL-232R easy to interface to 5V
- FTDI's royalty-free VCP allow for communication as a standard
emulated COM port and D2XX 'direct' drivers provide DLL application
- Support for FT232R FTDIChip-ID™ feature for improved
- 3x 'flying leads' outputs provide TXD, RXD and GND
- Low USB bandwidth consumption.
- UHCI / OHCI / EHCI host controller compatible.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
- -40°C to +85°C operating temperature range.
- Cable length is 1.0m. FCC and CE compliant.
||USB to UART, 3.3V TTL logic level, Raspberry Pi compatible